Do you use Aternos? In Aternos, you will be given your very own personal Minecraft server where you are able to play on with your friends any time. Now, if we talk about Aternos, you may wonder about the custom mods in this server. Let’s find out about it.
Aternos is free to use and it will always be free for everyone anytime. Also, there is no possibility for pay for anything. Aternos is also easy to use because you just have to press a button. In Aternos, you are offered servers that you are actually able to play and have fun on. You will get a lot of fun and no unnecessary restrictions to steal your time and money. Until now, there are more than 20 million users and 600k players every day.
What features are there in Aternos?
- It is fully customizable. You can adjust everything on your server the way you like it and you can make in your game.
- Mods and Plugins. You are able to add plugins, play with your favorite mods or you are also able to use one of many preconfigured modpacks for your very own experience.
- DDOS protected. Your server in Minecraft is fully DDOS protected for free to keep you safe from attacks.
- Automatic Backups. Aternos team will always keep a backup of your server just if you need it.
- Custom Worlds. You are able to upload any world that you want to play such as adventure maps, parkour or even the latest minigame.
- Excellent Support. If you need help, Aternos team will help you.
Now, how about custom mods for Aternos server? It seems that if you want to add mods, you have to install CurseForge. It is possible for you to install mods from CurseForge directly on your server like plugins and customize the mods by modifying the config. There is a quick changelog to mention the most important changes. Here they are.
- removed mods from software
- added forge to software
- show plugin/mod compatibility on the software page
- rewritten plugin system to permit different add-ons (plugins/mods) for installed software which is different
- added mod list with mods from CurseForge
- there is automatic filter to only show compatible mod versions
- changed files page to show different folders for different software
- It is possible to hide files/plugins/mods page in navigation if no installation due to installed software
There are some notes about this update and here they are.
- The old plugin URLs (/plugins/p/<name>) do not work anymore.
- In case you have installed a mod in the old system, you are able to keep this single mod installed for some time. However, Aternos team will probably remove these versions in the future.
- You are not able to customise modpacks. It is mainly because of how the system of Aternos works and a bit also because Aternos team want to ensure that these modpacks are stable and working. You might be allowed this in the future.
- You are able to request mods on Aternos forums just like plugins, but Aternos team cannot add mods that are not on CurseForge.
- Modding is complicated and it can fail in a lot of ways. Aternos team cannot really help you with that.
- Remember that you (and every other player) also have to install all mods on your computer.
So, hopefully you can enjoy and get a lot of fun with your custom mods.