One of ways to customize your server is by adding mods. Whether you are adding them to an existing modpack or to your current Forge setup, adding mods is a good way to open up the new possibilities. You have to know that mods can be added by doing some steps. Now, we are going to share tips so that you are able to build your dream server.
When running a modded server, you do not forget that you must have the mods downloaded on your Minecraft client. Also, this applies if you are adding additional mods to an already made modpack. In order to run mods on your client, you have to install Forge client side.
- At the first step, you have to get the mods from CurseForge or the mod authors official website. Doing this make sures that you will not get corrupted files or viruses.
- When you decide on a mod you want, so you are able to click the name to open the mod page.
- After that, you have to open the Files tab to view the versions. To the right of the version you want, you are able to press download. We suggest you to download the latest recommended update for your version of Minecraft.
- Now, you need to head back to the mods page and then open the Relations tab. This is very important because these are the mods you need for it to work properly. If you do not download the dependencies, so the server will not function correctly.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your server is set to Forge under the jar dropdown. You have to note that you need to run forge before you put the mods in, to make the mods folder, and if you do not your mods will be removed.
- After that, you have to stop the server.
- To the left of the game panel, you are able to click on FTP File Access and go into the mods folder.
- Then, you have to click on “Upload”. Please drag in the mods you have previously downloaded. You need to wait for the mods to fully upload before leaving it.
- When you upload mods, we suggest you to generate a new world to make sure there is no corruption.
- When they are uploaded, the next step that you have to do is to head back to the Game Panel and start the server. After the server is fully started, so you are safe to connect.
- Incorrect Forge version
The mods you have already uploaded to the server does not be compatible with the Forge version. For this case, you have to install the correct version of Forge for your mod manually.
- Duplicate Mods
You are able to detect a duplicate mod from console easily. For this case, you are able to go into the FTP File Access, the mods folder, and then delete the extra mod.
- Missing Dependency
To detect a missing dependency mod, you are able to head into the console where you are going to see an error code.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)